Stove Causes Mobile Home Fire in Midland - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: |

Stove Causes Mobile Home Fire in Midland

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - Four children had to escape from their burning mobile home through a window on Wednesday morning.    

Firefighters responded to a home in the 1700 block of south Lamesa in Midland.

Heavy smoke was pouring out of the home.

The children had problems opening a back door, so they had to crawl out of a window.

The kids, ranging in age from 15 to one year old, were not hurt.

Investigators say a stove was being used to heat the home and the stove top ignited some nearby combustibles.

The damage was confined to the kitchen.

The Red Cross is helping out the family. 

Powered by Frankly