Space Heater to Blame for House Fire in Wickett - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Space Heater to Blame for House Fire in Wickett

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

WICKETT - A space heater is being blamed for a house fire in Wickett. The fire left one man without a home.

The fire happened Wednesday evening.

When Wickett Volunteer Firefighters arrived at the scene, the home in the 600 block of Crane, was engulfed in flames. 

Authorities say the owner, who was at work at the time, left a space heater running to keep water bowls for his nine dogs, from freezing. 

They believe the dogs may have knocked the heater over, sparking the blaze.

Fire fighters were only able to save two of the dogs. 

The home was a total loss. 

Powered by Frankly