Cigarette Sparks Fire Inside Odessa Man's Apartment - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Cigarette Sparks Fire Inside Odessa Man's Apartment

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - An Odessa man forced to find a place to stay after a cigarette started a fire in his apartment.

It happened at the Appleridge Apartments on the corner on Santa Cruz and West University during the lunch hour.

Fire investigators say the man left his apartment to run an errand and when he came back he saw the smoke.

Firefighters were able to put out the flames pretty quickly but they had to kill the power to apartment because of heat damage to the ceiling fan and wires.

The Red Cross was called in to help out with a place to stay.

Powered by Frankly