Mobile Home Fire Sparks Up in Odessa

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - A family is without a place to live after a fire ripped through their mobile home early Saturday morning.

The fire happened on Stoner road, just off of Yukon in Ector County about 7:00a.m.

Red Cross officials tell NewsWest 9, the family inside was able to make it out OK.

Right now, they're helping them with food, clothes and shelter.

NewsWest 9 also spoke with their next door neighbor who saw it all happen.

He says the family lost a couple of pets and two more are being treated for smoke inhalation.

We're still working to figure out exactly how the fire sparked, but workers say, it may have been due to a car catching fire.