TXDOT Press Release
'Rubber Seal coat' work coming to Loop 250
Midland County motorists are being urged to drive cautiously on Loop 250 for the next week. Construction crews will put down a fresh new rubber seal coat on the Loop and new pavement striping.
Special caution is being issued to commuters who use Loop 250 as they may want to choose another route until work is completed. On-Ramps throughout the Loop will be closed for the seal coat project.
The Loop is expected to be affected from Monday, October 4 thru Saturday, October 9.
Highway On Ramps to be closed on Loop 250 include:
- Monday, the 4th begin date of the project: North end of Loop 250 at Fairgrounds and Lamesa.
- Tuesday, the 5th: On-Ramps closed on "A" Street
- Wednesday, the 6th: On-Ramps closed at Garfield.
- Thursday, the 7th: On-Ramps closed at Midkiff
- Friday, the 8th: On-Ramps closed at Midland Drive
- Saturday, the 9th: On-Ramps closed at Wadley, Highway 191 and Thomason
TXDOT urges motorists to avoid the seal coat work zones on the Loop and to use the service road. Drivers should slow down in work zone areas, obey flaggers and consent to warning signs.