MIDLAND - Wednesday night's storms sparked up trouble for one Midland homeowner.
Lightening hit a home in the 4700 block of Hilltop just before 7:00p.m.
Officials tell NewsWest 9, the homeowner was in the kitchen when the lightning struck.
He immediately smelled smoke and called 911.
The lightening hit the chimney causing fire to spread between the fireplace and walls.
To put the fire out, crews had to open up the house from the outside.
The attic was the only part of the house damaged.
No one was hurt.