Fire Sparks Up Inside Monahans Home - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: |

Fire Sparks Up Inside Monahans Home

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MONAHANS - A close call for a family in Monahans after a fire broke out inside their home.

But some quick thinking from the homeowner stopped those flames from spreading.

Monahans officials learned of the fire just before 5:00p.m. Saturday evening.

Chief Bill Riley with the Monahans Volunteer Fire Department said when his crews arrived, the family had already watered-down the flames.

According to Riley, a couple and their teenage daughter were down for a nap when they smelled smoke.

Riley said no one was hurt by the fire and there was very little damage.

Riley believes it was most likely an electrical fire.

Powered by Frankly