The City of Midland has three vacancies in the upcoming election; Mayor and two City Council openings for District 3 and District 4. All three incumbents have filed for re-election; Mayor- Wes Perry, District 3- John James, and District 4- Michael Trost.
The Mayor, Wes Perry, was unopposed as was Michael Trost for District 4. The Council opening in District 3 calls for an election between John James and Robert Crites.
The eligibility requirements to file are as follows:
A candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a qualified voter;
- Be at least 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
- Have not been declared mentally incapacitated by a final judgment of a court;
- Have not been convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability;
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city/district for 6 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot.