SAND SPRINGS - Howard County volunteer fire fighters were able to save a home in Sand Springs Wednesday afternoon when a grass fire threatened a mobile home.
The fire occurred on Croze Road in the Sand Springs community. Volunteer Fire Chief Tommy Sullivan tells KBYG News that the fire started in an area where a man was burning wood earlier in the day.
Hot coals ignited nearby grass and the grass fire spread to a fence as the blaze advanced toward the mobile home. Fire fighters were on the scene quickly and suppressed the fire just as it was moving across the home's front lawn.