Fire Sparks Up in West Odessa

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

WEST ODESSA - Embers from burning trash may be to blame for a fire that almost burned up small home in West Odessa on Friday afternoon.

West Odessa volunteers were called out to a home near west 3rd and Lynn, a little before 2:00p.m.

That's where they found a pile of wooden spools engulfed in flames.

Firefighters say the fire was likely sparked by trash that had been burning earlier.

The fire moved from the spools to the home's yard but firefighters were able to put it out before it reached the house.

The owner was not home at the time.

No one was hurt.