House Fire Sparks Up in Odessa

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - An Odessa family forced to run from their home after flames erupted on Thursday afternoon.

The house caught fire in the 9900 block of Carpenter.

Investigators believe a kid playing with a lighter caught the bedroom on fire.

We're told the mom tried to put it out and received first and second degree on her arms.

She was the only one hurt.

Everyone else made it out safely.

The bedroom was destroyed and the rest of the home suffered smoke and water damage.