Overloaded Extension Cord to Blame for House Fire in Midland - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Overloaded Extension Cord to Blame for House Fire in Midland

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - An overloaded extension cord is getting the blame for a house fire in Midland on Wednesday morning.

Firefighters say the fire started at a home on College Avenue around 10:30a.m.

We're told it ignited in one the bedrooms near an air conditioner window unit.

The people inside the home were able to get out, but the inside of the home was heavily damaged.

A firefighter was treated for minor injuries and is already back on the job.

Powered by Frankly