Family Pet Killed in South Midland House Fire

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A Midland family is picking up the pieces after a "kitchen-related" fire ripped through their home killing their family pet.

Officials tell NewsWest 9, that they received a 911 call from a passer-by around 4:20 Tuesday afternoon.

When officials arrived at the home, located in the 4000 block of Avondale, firefighters saw flames coming out of the front window and door.

Firefighters moved in quickly to extinguish the fire, but not before substantial smoke and heat damage occurred.

The family was not home at the time of the fire.

No injuries were reported.