Officials Investigating Electric Furnace Fire at Midland Apartment Complex

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A smoke scare sent tenants in Midland flooding out on to the streets on Thursday night.

Officials were called out to the Windsor Place Apartments on Midland Drive.

Fire crews say they had to evacuate dozens of people after smoke started pouring through the second floor vents.

They say an electrical furnace fire sparked in the unit's common attic.

Firefighters say that blaze could have easily spread, but didn't which allowed firefighters to put the blaze out quickly before anyone was hurt.

They're still trying to figure out how it started.