Candle Being Blamed for House Fire in West Odessa

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

WEST ODESSA - A candle is being blamed for sparking a west Odessa house fire on Friday morning.

The fire started around 8:30 at a home on West 24th.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, a cloud of thick black smoke was coming from the back of the house.

The homeowner got everyone out safely, and no one was hurt.

It didn't take long to get the flames under control, but the house suffered extensive heat, smoke, and water damage.