Fire Destroys Bedroom Inside One Midland Home

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - It was a tragic homecoming for a Midland family as a fire tears through their home leaving behind ashes and smoke damage throughout their house.

Fire investigators tell NewsWest 9, they got the blaze out pretty quickly but not without it destroying one of the bedrooms.

Authorities say the family had just returned home from vacation and decided to light a candle to help cover up the smell from leftover trash.

That's when the family says the candle somehow exploded and landed on the bed causing the fire to spread quickly.

Fire crews managed to put out the blaze in under hour.

No injuries were reported.