Lighter Fluid to Blame for House Fire in Big Spring - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Lighter Fluid to Blame for House Fire in Big Spring

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

BIG SPRING - Lighter fluid is being blamed for a house fire in Big Spring.

The fire started in the laundry room of a home along Seventh Street on Saturday night.

Fire officials say the lighter fluid was up on a shelf when it was tipped over by the washer that was shaking against the wall.

The lighter fluid spilled and fire officials believe the dryer set the fire off.

The fire was contained to one room, but the rest of the home suffered smoke damage.

Nobody was injured.

Powered by Frankly