Girl Burned in Trailer Fire in Hobbs - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Girl Burned in Trailer Fire in Hobbs

HOBBS N.M. - A 10-year-old girl is in a Lubbock hospital after being burned in a fire.

The fire broke out early Wednesday morning at a trailer home in the 1800 block of South Thorp in Hobbs. Hobbs fire officials tell NewsWest9 a space heater caught some bedding on fire.

The girl, who was sleeping on the bed, suffered second degree burns on her arms and face.

The trailer is a total loss. Hobbs officials say this fire highlights the need for space heater safety and for residents to make sure they have working smoke detectors.

Powered by Frankly