Midland Home Destroyed by Fire

MIDLAND - A house fire in Midland over the weekend has left a family without a home.

The blaze broke out early Sunday morning in a home on the 700 hundred block of South Jackson. The family made it out of the home without any injuries, but the home was a total loss.

Firefighters believe the fire started from a space heater.

Midland firefighters want to remind residents to be careful when trying to keep warm in the cold weather.

Firefighters responded to a fire everyday last week and all related to heating.