Heater Unit Catches Fire at Apartment Complex in Midland

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A bad heater unit is getting the blame for an afternoon fire at a Midland Apartment Complex.

The blaze sparked up at the Windsor Place Apartments on Midland Drive a little after one Friday afternoon.

According to fire officials, the fire started in the attic of the second floor unit.

It didn't take firefighters long to get the fire out, but the top unit suffered heavy smoke and fire damage.

The unit was unoccupied.

No injuries were reported.