Fire Sparks Up at Apartment Complex in Midland

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - Some excitement at a north Midland apartment complex on Thursday afternoon after a fire breaks out in one of the apartments.

The fire happened a little after 4:00 at the Sagewood Apartments on Caldera, just off Midkiff.
According to firefighters, a woman was cleaning out her fireplace and put the ashes in a bag, then put the bag by the door, and the door caught fire.

Midland Police officers were able to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher before firefighters got there.

No one was hurt.