Class Experiment Causes Some Students to Go Home Sick

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - A chemistry experiment gone wrong.

Some students at Nimitz Junior High in Odessa went home sick after a bad reaction to a science lab.

School officials tell NewsWest 9, after the first and second periods, several students went to the nurse's office complaining of stomach pain.

They pinpointed the cause to the chemistry lab experiment involving ethanol.

Nimitz science teachers suspended the chemistry lab and revised the lesson plan.

A total of close to a dozen students got sick, four went home.