ECISD Health Services will host a series of flu vaccine clinics this week for ECISD students. These clinics will offer the seasonal flu mist, NOT the H1N1 vaccine. Because the vaccines are being made available through Texas Vaccines for Children program they are for children only and will be offered on the following dates and times:
Wednesday, October 21, at Bonham Junior High in the cafeteria from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Thursday, October 22, at Family Education Center from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 22, at Goliad Elementary in the cafeteria from 3:30 - 5:00 PM
Thursday, October 22, at Permian High School in the cafeteria, from 3:00 PM - 5:00
Friday, October 23, at Odessa High School in the auditorium, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Friday, October 23, at Bowie Junior High, in the cafeteria, from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Friday, October 23, at Family Education Center from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
No appointment is necessary for these clinics, the flu mist will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will be limited supplies at each location. The cost is $5, cash only or free to families who qualify. As a reminder these clinics will offer only the flu mist-no flu shots will be available. Also:
- Parent/Guardian must be present to give informed consent and answer questions about the health of their child.
- Flu mist will be given to HEALTHY school age children. If your child has asthma, diabetes or any medical condition he/she cannot receive flu mist.
- If your child is allergic to eggs or Gentamicin he/she cannot receive flu mist.
- If your child has received a MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) or Varicella (chickenpox) vaccination you must wait 30 days before getting flu mist.
- FLU MIST DOES NOT CONTAIN THIMEROSAL OR OTHER PRESERVATIVES.
- People who are moderately or severely ill should wait to get the flu vaccine.
- For more information about flu mist call the CDC at 1-800-232-4636 or visit www.cdc.gov/flu or www.GoodToShare.com
- The seasonal flu mist will not protect against the H1N1 flu.