Hobbs Family Homeless after Fire Destroys Their Home - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Hobbs Family Homeless after Fire Destroys Their Home

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

HOBBS, NEW MEXICO - A Hobbs family left homeless after a fire burns their home to the ground.

The fire happened on the corner of Scharbauer and Coleman.

Hobbs fire officials tell NewsWest 9, the family was using their stove to keep warm because their heater was broken.

Apparently, several combustible items were right by the stove and they caught fire.

It didn't take long for the entire home to go up in flames.

Crews had the blaze out in about 20 minutes, but not before the home was a total loss.
The flames also damaged some nearby structures.

Powered by Frankly