Lit Cigarette to Blame for House Fire in Midland - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Lit Cigarette to Blame for House Fire in Midland

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A family's home goes up in flames and firefighters say a cigarette is to blame.

The fire happened just after eleven on Wednesday morning on Shandon Avenue in Midland.

Fire officials say the inferno started on the back patio.

Apparently, a couch caught fire from a lit cigarette.

The flames spread to the roof before firefighters quickly put it out.

Luckily, no one was hurt.         

Powered by Frankly