PERMIAN BASIN, TX (KWES) - Veteran’s Day is a time to thank those who serve, and what better way to say thank you then free food and discounts.
- Take a Veteran to School Day at Cavazos Elementary Nov. 9 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. This is an annual, national program developed by HISTORY channel. Veterans are invited to campus to talk with students, linking the kids to our nation’s history through this special commemoration.
- Laser Smile Center offering free dental services for veterans Nov. 9 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information click here or call (432) 333-6169.
- Pilot Flying J is giving a free breakfast from November 10–12 for active-duty and retired military veterans. Using the Pilot Flying J app, Veterans receive a free Pilot Coffee of any size and their choice of breakfast sandwich, packaged pastry item or a Cinnabon Center of the Roll.
- Flag Raising Ceremony and free breakfast Nov. 11 at 208 E VFW Lane, Odessa. The event is open to the public and starts at 7 A.M.
- Students from across Midland ISD are joining to celebrate Veterans Day on Nov. 12. Nearly 200 students will perform in honor of those who have served our country.
- Wilson & Young Medal of Honor Middles School will celebrate being designated a Medal of Honor School and a Purple Heart School with a banquet Nov. 12 at 9:30 a.m. . There will be a short ceremony in front of the school.
- Midland College will celebrate Veteran’s Day with a special tribute to those who have served our country Monday, November 12 at 11 a.m. in the Scharbauer Student Center Carrasco Room.
- UT Permian Basin to Honor Veterans in Special Ceremony with performances from the University Choir and Band. The event will be Monday at 9 a.m. in the UTPB gym.
- Scenic Mountain Medical Center buying meals for vets at the Yellow Rose Cafe, Nov. 12. Breakfast 7:30 - 9 a.m. and lunch 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Ector County Sheriff’s Office will be closed Monday, November 12. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m.
- The City of Big Spring will close all offices including Sanitation and Landfill for Veterans Day, Monday, November 12, 2018. There will be no sanitation pickup on Monday, November 12.