MIDLAND, TX (KWES) - The Education Foundation of Odessa is honored to award $21,968.20 in Repeat Grants to ECISD teachers for the 2018-2019 school year through its innovative grant program.
A Repeat Grant is designed to provide further funding of previously awarded projects that prove to enhance student learning. In order to be considered a Repeat Grant, the proposal must meet the following criteria:
- The proposal must have been previously funded by the Education Foundation;
- The project/program must have been implemented within two years of the new application date;
- A complete grant evaluation must be on file with the Education Foundation office.
Repeat Grants awarded for the 2018-2019 school year are:
- Lil’ Peanut Book Club – Carver EEC - $1,000.00
- How Does Our Garden Grow – Carver EEC - $500.00
- Battle of the Texas 2 x 2’s – Burnet Elementary - $15,131.24
- Engineering Our Way to the Future with Robotic Coding – Reagan Elementary - $1,909.00
- Holocaust Speaker – OCTECHS - $1,680.96
- High Altitude Science – Bowie Middle School - $747.00
- The Bowling Alley Project – Community Based Instruction – Bowie Middle School - $1,000.00
“I am so proud of all our ECISD teachers, but in particular, those who take the time to write innovative grants to the Education Foundation each year. These teachers truly go above and beyond and we are blessed to have them molding the lives of our youth,” says Education Foundation Director, Celeste Potter. “Each of the grants receiving additional funding this year are incredible and I’ve personally enjoyed watching the project unfold on each campus and can’t wait to see what is accomplished this school year.”
Since it’s inception, the Education Foundation has awarded more than $2.3 million to fund innovative and creative projects in the classroom for ECISD students.
The Education Foundation of Odessa is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax-exempt, philanthropic organization of citizens who share a vision of enhancing education in ECISD and provides a new and innovative source of funding to support the school district’s educational plan.